Airport Info Baghdad (BGW)
Baghdad Airport (IATA: BGW, ICAO: ), also known as Baghdad International Airport, is the largest airport in Iraq. It is Iraq's main international airport and serves the area of Baghdad. Baghdad Airport has passenger flights scheduled to 37 destinations in 21 countries.
At present, there are 5 domestic flights from Baghdad.
The longest flight from Baghdad BGW is a 4,257 mile (6,851 kilometers) non stop route to Kuala Lumpur KUL. This direct flight takes around 8 hours and 40 minutes and is operated by Iraqi Airways.
Airlines flying from Baghdad
In total there are 21 airlines flying from and to Baghdad. Most flights are operated by one of the following carriers:
- Iraqi Airways (IA)27 destinations
- Mahan Air (W5)5 destinations
- Fly Baghdad (IF)5 destinations
- Nas Air (XY*)2 destinations
- Lauda Air (NG)2 destinations
- Turkish Airlines (TK)2 destinations
- Royal Jordanian (RJ)1 destination
- Cham Wings Airlines (6Q)1 destination
- Middle East (ME)1 destination
Alternative airports to Baghdad
There is one alternative airport to Baghdad (BGW) within a range of 125 miles (200 kilometers) which is Al Najaf (NJF).