Airport Info Istanbul (IST)
Istanbul Airport (IATA: IST, ICAO: LTBA), also known as Atatürk International Airport (Yesilköy International, is the largest airport in Turkey. It is Turkey's main international airport and serves the area of Istanbul. Istanbul Airport has passenger flights scheduled to 280 destinations in 114 countries.
At present, there are 42 domestic flights from Istanbul.
The longest flight from Istanbul IST is a 6,856 mile (11,034 kilometers) non stop route to Los Angeles LAX. This direct flight takes around 13 hours and 55 minutes and is operated by Turkish Airlines.
Airlines flying from Istanbul
In total there are 59 airlines flying from and to Istanbul. Most flights are operated by one of the following carriers:
- Turkish Airlines (TK)266 destinations
- AtlasGlobal (KK)22 destinations
- Onur Air (8Q)9 destinations
- Iraqi Airways (IA)4 destinations
- Air Algerie (AH)4 destinations
- Libyan Airlines (LN)3 destinations
- Afriqiyah (8U)3 destinations
- Saudi Arabian (SV)3 destinations
- Air Astana (KC)3 destinations
Alternative airports to Istanbul
Below you can find a list of alternative airports to Istanbul (IST). The nearest airports to Istanbul (IST) are Istanbul Sabiha (SAW) and Tekirdag (TEQ).